St. Sebastian (SCION Colony)
(Click to Enlarge)
Location: Southwest California, North America
Adult Population: 503
Map Walk Through
Please refer to the numbers on the map above
- Housing: Large bunkhouse dorms located here are separated into private one room dwellings. Number of bunkhouses is 15, with three more under construction. Adjacent to this is a large meeting hall and a fire circle for meetings and events.
- Pasture: Large 20+ acre area with grazing for animals including cows, goats, sheep and chickens.
- RV and Mobile Home Community: Large area where over 50 motor homes, trailers, and various large travel vehicles are parked and lived in. A quarter of the large population lives here.
- Farmland: Over 100 acres of farms, vineyards, and orchards
- Lake Islands: Housing an emergency evacuation point, leadership office and storage facility, the three islands in the lake are a secure location for the area
- Colony is located in the center of a large farming area with no fencing or natural barriers. Constant patrols are necessary.
- Farmland is vast and cannot be shown in entirely on map
Community Leaders: Javier and Nadia Sanchez
Farming Coordinators: Kelly Price and Charles Beacon
Animal Husbandry Coordinators: Holly Johnson, Claire Woodbridge, Carl Dubois
Housing and Jobs: Oliver Gray and Adam Undine
Security and Police: Ivan Karmall and Paul Petrola
As one of the largest colonies with the greatest population, there is a high degree of organization and structure within St. Sebastian. Everyone has a role and must adhere to it. Workers participate in a normal work week with a weekend and regular holidays. The large population brings an even greater number of minors who are in school and training at the same rate. A large number of women and elderly handle a daycare and child management system. Farmers and Shepherds are required to live outside of the settlement for several days a month. With such a high volume food is rationed weekly and there are mandatory group meals to allow for control over supplies.
While it is strict, most residents are happy and enjoy the freedom of living allowed by choosing their occupation and living conditions. Many build their own homes in the pasture or farmland instead of living in a dorm, vehicle or mobile home.
*Daily dinner is mandatory and taken as a group unless living off sight
*Weekly community meetings
*Monthly disciplinary hearings and sentencing
*Bi Monthly festival
Current residents are spread between the bunks, vehicle and individual houses available. Newcomers are housed in a bunk until they can decide what arrangements suite them best. Plots of land are available for home building for citizens after 6 months and are distributed on a first come first serve basis using a waiting list. Trade of land is allowed.
With such a large farming and animal community, St. Sebastion boasts one of the largest food and animal product trade known at this time. NOMAD visits almost daily to pick up shipments of fresh produce, meat, and other goods.
Commonly Traded Items:
*Fruit, vegetables, grains (Fresh and Jarred)
*Fresh eggs and poultry
*Fresh milk, butter and cheese
*Dried and cured beef
*Wool and wool thread’
*Candles and natural soap
Defense and Security
With such an open landscape, there are constant patrols. They have a force of over 75 volunteer perimeter patrolmen and women. SCION is available within a week of contact.
History and Interesting Facts
- St. Sebastian was started by a collective of farmers
- Despite security they have a high rate of perimeter breaches, over 3 a month on average
- Due to this, almost all adult residents carry a firearm or other type of weapon
- There are several evacuation procedures that are practiced monthly. Wagons and vehicles are at the ready to move out if a large threat is imminent.
- St. Sebastian does not have running water or electricity. They do have use of propane powered grills and stoves for cooking. They are currently looking for anyone with the knowledge and skills to help fill this need.
- They currently have 4 people in a permanent prison located a few miles away from the main settlement. One is incarcerated for murder.
- They have the highest population of domesticated dogs and cats on record.