Here is a list of terms and slang used by survivors
- V-Day: The first day of the infection, a few days after Valentines day, 2010.
- In the Before: The time period before the virus was unleashed.
- After the Fall: The time period after the virus destroyed the world.
- CRCV: Cancer Re-growth Cell Virus. The official term for the virus developed by scientists to attempt to cure cancer which began the infection that caused the apocalypse and zombie reanimation. There are 20 known strains.
- Lazarus Crisis: The initial weeks after the infection began to take over
- UDF: United Defense Federation. Powerful yet hostile group of survivors with the goal of world domination. See UDF info page.
- SMC: Survivors Military Corps, inactive military, now merged with SCION
- SFA: Searching for Answers. Group of scientists and intellectuals who predicted the collapse of civilization. Backed by a lot of money they established locations around the world with high security, massive amounts of supplies, and researchers who are actively seeking answers and a cure for CCRV. They are currently neutral and provide supplies and technology to various groups in exchange for resources they may need and protection.
- AZ: Armored Zombie. Mutated zombie with thick leathery skin. They have developed several alarming features such as a cluster of nerve endings where eyes should be, long sharp nails, and the ability to regenerate lost body parts. This type of zombie is said to be from CCRV-16
- Walkers/ Shambler: The most abundant type of zombie. They usually smell of decay and rot, move slowly, and have no signs of intelligence.
- Howlers: Also known as Alpha Patients, these types of creatures are known to be the patients who were initially in the human trials for the CCRV treatment. They are hairless and seem to have developed an asexual appearance, as all genitals have been replaced with a smooth patch of skin. There is not much known about Howlers as only a few have been captured and research is still ongoing. Please make sure to check the message board when information about zombies is released.
- Omega’s: Survivors with a natural immunity or resistance to the CCRV virus. They are very rare and often in hiding as they may have developed mutations after infection. They are also in danger of being captured for research and testing. Some Omega’s have volunteered for the research, however.
- Zoms: Zombie!