September 15, 2019, 11:22:48 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Welcome to Humanity Scar 2.0! Take a look around! Thank you for stopping by!

Humanity Scar

Author Topic: A cautious hello  (Read 1399 times)

Offline BlackRain

• Sticks and Stones may break bones. But Psychological damage is forever.
  • Survivor
  • Fragile Survivor
  • 350 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To BlackRain
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Survivor Status +0/-0
  • I sure could go for an ice cold Root Beer.
  • My Skills: Hunting and Tracking, sharp shooting, foraging, Farming
A cautious hello
« on: April 23, 2016, 11:44:19 AM »
Hello everyone,

I will start out I guess with some basic info about myself. Excuse my cautious nature. I tend to tread on eggshells until I feel comfortable in a new place.

My real name is Chris. My call sign is BlackRain ( how I received said callsign will be explained at a later date). I am currently in a slightly modified and reinforced cabin on a few acres near the continental divide. I have been here for a while now. I have a moderate supply of defensive munitions (rifles, handguns and improvised explosive devices).

It is pretty quiet up here. I have a decent sized greenhouse and hunt on occasion.

Scrolling through posts I see the relevent terminology would be "in the before" , so I guess I will move onto that next.

In the before I lived a moderately normal life. I graduated high school 2 years early, started college and double majored in Psychology and Criminal Justice. In my Junior year of college I was scouted by several government agencies, CIA, FBI, etc. But my heart was set on Drug Enforcement. Finally, the day I graduated college, my paperwork was finished and I jetted off to the east coast for Agent training for the DEA. I was assigned as a psychological warfare officer and assigned to the 5th district.

Fast forward to the "day" . It was quiet. No confidential informants calling in, no calls from local. Nothing. We were setting up the office for a game of Red Bull pong (think beer pong but with energy drinks) when we recieved a frantic call for assistance. Some crazy had gone and bitten the face off a female in the downtown area. The only thoughts going through every one's head was "has Krocodile finally come west? Or is this another spice case?" Nope. None of the above.

We roll downtown to see local PD and Sheriff's deputies trying to restrain several individuals. Medical had not been cleared yet to treat any of the victims because the officers were having a hard time restraining the perps. The first thing I noticed about the assailants was their insatiable need to bite, with several bystanders and local police already being bitten. Tasers and pepper spray had no effect on them. My partner Sarah whispered in my ear, "do you think they are zombies?"

Perfect timing as several more calls came in, all with the same description. " complaintant says they have been bitten by unknown assailants" .

I called my supervisor, told him that this was no doubt some sort of zombie apocalypse and we should probably let the FBI or some one else handle this. I told Sarah i thought she was right, and that the smart thing to do was to go back to the office, find what weapons we could, and go to a few pharmacies, flash our badges and take a fair amount of every rx we can stuff in our duffel bags.

Fast forward again. Both Sarah and my SUV are packed to the brim. Mine is full of prescription meds and guns/ammo/body armor. Sarah took my house key and cleaned out both her pantry and mine. I own a cabin up in the Rocky mountains on lots of land with a greenhouse. To be safe we stopped and picked up all the seed packets we could. The chaos had not reached epic porportion yet so traffic was only moderately heavy.

So. Here I am now. Reaching out. Seeing who is alive and who may be nearby. Sarah is on perimeter patrol for the next 15 minutes before shift change so I guess I need to get off the computer and strap up for my shift.

Nice to meet you all.

Love me or hate me. Either way I win.
Love me and I am forever in your heart.
Hate me and I am forever on your mind.

Offline Kat

• Survivor
  • Administrator
  • Chief Survivor
  • 1239 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kat
    Attack Member
  • Survivor Status +9/-0
  • The future is ours to take...
  • My Skills: Leadership, Wisdom, Integrity
Re: A cautious hello
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 07:00:01 PM »
Hello and welcome!

I hope you find our community welcoming and a place for you to connect with others and share. We are recovering from a hard hit by the UDF, but slowly and surely we will reclaim the freedom that is ours. It is always good to have new people find us and join our group! Looking forward to hearing more about you.

Kat

The future is ours to take...

Offline Dillon

• Survivor
  • Glorious Survivor
  • 2060 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Dillon
    Attack Member
  • Survivor Status +5/-1
  • Dead Men Tell No Tales
  • My Skills: I can hunt and fish and set traps. I'm getting good at curing fur and I have trained my dog by myself!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 12:47:20 PM »
Hey Black Rain! Nice to meet you! You've found a good place here and hopefully we can all learn from you, cuz it seems like you got a lot of experience in some cool stuff! I mean, you really called it when things got bad and to still be going strong is so cool. I mean, I'd love to hear more about it. Stay safe out there!

I've made it this far, I plan on going all the way!

Offline Marissa

• Survivor
  • Sensational Survivor
  • 2525 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Marissa
    Attack Member
  • Survivor Status +2/-1
  • I survived the zombie apocalypse
  • Location: Traveling the USA, looking for a safe place to settle
  • My Skills: Hiding, sneaking, and more hiding!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 10:21:28 PM »
Hello! I'm Marissa and welcome to the site! I hope you can feel safe here and get to know all of us and allow us to get to know you! Like Dillon said we all learn from each other too! I will try to get on as often as I can, so if you have any questions or whatever just let me know!

Marissa

Offline Fisher

• Survivor
  • Apprentice Survivor
  • 840 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Fisher
    Attack Member
  • Survivor Status +0/-0
  • My Skills: Tracker, Path Finder, Collector
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 01:52:06 PM »
Hi, nice to meet ya man. This place is pretty safe. I've written here for a while. Nothing wrong with being cautious though. See ya around.

Fisher

Offline Monica

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 09:04:57 AM »
Helo and welcome Mr. Rain... can I call you that? Anyway! I know a guy like you! He was in some sorta secret military something or other in the before. He won't talk about it much but damn, he's good. He makes all the hard calls and has kept me and my kids safe for a very long time. I salute you sir!
:D monica  :D

Offline Flower Child

• Learning Survivor
  • 520 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Flower Child
    Attack Member
  • Survivor Status +0/-0
  • My Skills: Fire starting, rabbit butchering, flower gathering
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 07:35:18 AM »
Welcome dangerous and skilled one! Nice to make your acquaintance. It looks like you can handle yourself. It's pretty awesome but scary!

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: dioxide
SMF 2.0.5 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines